Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Review of What I've Done

So this blog is to be a review and analysis of my last blog. The thing is that I'm not terribly good at critiquing my own work so I hope that the analysis I come up with is note worthy. I guess the first thing of note is the lack of a title. This would indeed make the onset of the blog a little confusing and all around not very explanatory. However I do believe that I effectively made clear the purpose and thesis for the blog. That purpose being my intention to clarify the importance of sci-fi.

In noting the extra support elements within the blog, namely the picture of "Spock" and the video of two lightsaber duelist, I do believe these effectively show the intensity in which nerds follow sci-fi. The picture not only shows the individual's sci-fi fascination, but also shows the number of followers often present at such events that is being expressed. It isn't a finite number that is expressed but the multitude is a good indication of followers. As well, the video expresses the depth that some nerds go to in the expression of their sci-fi observance. It may just seem like a simple coregraphed duel, which isn't easy in itself especially at the speed in which they did it, but also notice the detail to special effects. This including sound, the blade appearance, and the interactions with the environment. Producing such effects takes a lot of time and devotion.

I feel that overall I maintained a similar tone throughout the blog. I didn't, however, provide much in the way of a logical argument. Such an argument was present in earlier drafts but due to repeated correcting I didn't feel I could properly word my point of view and so left it out of the final draft. That being said, I do believe that through my tone I expressed my true and sincere love for sci-fi and left the blog in a manner as to effect an emotional connection from my expression. Hopefully one that would ultimately convince the reader to grow in appreciation for sci-fi.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about your two extra pieces of media. The video is sweet!

    ReplyDelete