Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hippo-pocracy

So I would like to bring another star wars analogy into play for this blog but I thought of a cooler analogy. One of my favorite animals in the world is the hippo. If you just think about it for a moment then you would agree with me. All hippos do is just lay around in the water or on a sand beach all day and chill. Just float around, relax, have no major worries of any sort. I mean what is cooler then that. Since they are herbivores they don't have to hunt for food, just find some nice lake weeds. And their sheer size and mass makes them at the top of the food chain so no one is going to mess with them. Despite all the coolness factors that they have, they do have a major flaw which in respect to life just burns me up, hippos are hypocrites. Yes indeed, it is sad but most certainly true.

The reason they are hypocrites is because the awesome chill factor and perceived serenity, hippos are one of the most dangerous land animals. I even read somewhere that in Africa more people die from hippo attacks than any other animal, and since this is a blog it doesn't have to be completely factual. But how annoying is it in life to see people who claim to be a certain way and then just flat out make a 180 degree turn out of nowhere. And it is not like a now-and-then type of thing when a person has a bad day but when you can tell that despite what an individual claims to believe or follow he is just a flat out hypocrite. Maybe that person doesn't realize it, kind of like a hippo is just trying to get his chill on when some idiot wants to get too close, but you need to be what you really are. If it turns out you don't that person then there is always repentance and change, just make sure the change comes because you want it and not because of some other third party reason, cause then you an even bigger hypocrite.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I like this post. I love hippos too, and every time I see them at theme parks I want to go up to them and play with them, but remember that they are so dangerous. It's weird. Curse Lion King for making them seem so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought the same thing about hippos. For a long time I thought they'd make the ideal pet because they are so chill. Then I found out how dangerous they are and my life was changed forever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you brought up the fact that more people are killed by hippo attacks than any other animal, or however that went. I had heard that somewhere and I always wanted to see someone wrestle a hippo. Also, I love your title "Hippo-pocracy."
    That is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete